Comparing the Selkirk Luxx Control Air to the Selkirk Labs Project 003
In the rapidly evolving world of Pickleball, Selkirk has consistently been at the forefront, pushing the boundaries of paddle technology. Two of our standout paddles, the Luxx Control Air and Selkirk Labs Project 003, are masterpieces in their own right. For enthusiasts who cherished playing with the Project 003, the Luxx Control Air might just be your next must-have paddle.
Here's a breakdown of their technological advancements and the unique playability they offer:
The Legacy of Selkirk Labs Project 003
- A trailblazer in the pickleball space, with an impressive 20mm core, the thickest in the market
- Ideal for aggressive drives with control and exceptional spin, thanks to the innovative technologies developed in Selkirk Labs
- The introduction of Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless technology offers increased aerodynamics and durability.
- Available in three distinct shapes – Epic, S2, and Invikta – catering to varied player needs.
Luxx Control Air: The New Vanguard
- A result of meticulous research and innovation, drawing on the strengths of the Project 003 and elevating them.
- Incorporates the standout Florek Carbon Fiber technology, widening the paddle's sweet spot and amplifying power play.
- Engineered with the 20mm X7 Thikset Honeycomb Core, a shared feature with Project 003, for reduced paddle torquing and enhanced power and control.
- Endorsed by tennis star and Selkirk athlete, Jack Sock, making it particularly appealing to tennis players transitioning to Pickleball.
Comparative Playability: Project 003 vs Luxx Control Air
While both paddles offer an unrivaled combination of power and control, their playability does diverge in certain aspects:
Balanced and Transitioning Players: The Luxx Control Air, backed by Jack Sock, is tailored both for balanced players seeking ultimate control, as well as for tennis players shifting to pickleball, ensuring a seamless adaptation to the sport.
Technological Evolution: Both paddles benefit from the 20mm X7 Thikset Honeycomb Core. However, the Luxx Control Air's Florek Carbon Fiber technology and enhanced Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless technology give it a slight edge in terms of on-court performance and reliability.
Target Audience: Balanced pickleball players looking for the ultimate control paddle that still packs a punch. The Luxx Control Air paddle will help them stay in control and improve their game with more 'in' shots, while still being able to put the ball away and have fast hands at the net.
If you were an ardent user of the Project 003, transitioning to the Luxx Control Air would feel both familiar and groundbreaking. While the core technologies remain consistent, the advanced features of the Luxx Control Air promise a more refined, controlled, and dynamic playing experience.